Red Hat Training
A Red Hat training course is available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Updated rhn-client-tools packages that fix several bugs are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Network Client Tools provide programs and libraries that allow the system to receive software updates from Red Hat Network (RHN).
- Previously, the rhn-channel manual page incorrectly referred to the "--username" option instead of "--user". This mistake has been corrected and the rhn-channel manual page now correctly refers to the "--user" option.
- Prior to this update, some messages written in English occurred in the Japanese installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4. The untranslated strings have been translated, and the messages are now shown in the correct language.
- Previously, the rhn-client-tools code called by the sosreport utility on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 terminated unexpectedly with a traceback. The bug has been fixed and and the information about hardware is now correctly gathered by sosreport.
- Previously, a machine with many CPUs could report large value for idle time for all its processors. Consequently, the idle time value did not fit into XML-RPC's integer limits and running the rhn_check command on a problematic machine resulted in a traceback error. The bug has been fixed and rhn_check in the problematic scenarios works now correctly.
- Previously, the rhn-profile-sync utility terminated unexpectedly with a traceback when an older version of the rhn-virtualization-host package was installed on the machine. The bug has been fixed by requiring a newer version of rhn-virtualization-host.
Users of rhn-client-tools are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs.
Updated rhn-client-tools packages that fix one bug and add one enhancement are now available.
Red Hat Network Client Tools provide programs and libraries that allow systems to receive software updates from Red Hat Network (RHN).
- The RHN Proxy did not work properly if separated from a parent by a slow enough network. Consequently, users who attempted to download larger repodata files and RPMs experienced timeouts. This update changes both RHN Proxy and Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHN Client to allow all communications to obey a configured timeout value for connections.
- While Satellite 5.3.0 now has the ability to get the number of CPUs via an API call, there was no function to obtain the number of sockets from the registered systems. This update adds a function to get the number of physical CPU sockets in a managed system from Satellite via an API call.
Users of rhn-client-tools are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix this bug and add this enhancement.