- BZ#912475, BZ#952280
- Prior to this update, the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file was not created properly due to a missing End of Line (EOL) return. Consequently, the sshd daemon start failed with an error message. The writing of the sequence to /etc/ssh/sshd_config has been corrected, and sshd start no longer fails in this scenario.
- Previously, the persistent udev rule was not removed from the guest image when the virtual machine (VM) was shut down. Consequently, when the VM was booted again and a different network card media access control (MAC) address was assigned to it, the udev rule caused the Network Interface Controller (NIC) to be set as eth1 instead of eth0. This incorrect configuration caused the instance to boot with no network support. This update adds the /etc/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules file, and the VM configuration works as expected in the described scenario.
- The Red Hat Enterprise Linux guest image did not make use of the ttyS0 serial port by default, so tools that monitor the serial console log did not capture any information. This update adds a console log feature to the boot loader, and the Red Hat Enterprise Linux guest image now prints boot messages on the ttyS0 serial port and the standard console.
- Metadata access is handled by the network node, and the cloud-init service uses the metadata at startup time. Previously, the cloud-init service did not have the "NOZEROCONF=yes" stanza configured. Consequently, access to the subnet 169.254.0.0/16 range was not routed to the network node, so the cloud-init service failed to work. This update adds "NOZEROCONF=yes" to cloud images in the /etc/sysconfig/network file. Users should avoid turning on the zeroconf route in these images. To disable the zeroconf route at system boot time, edit the /etc/sysconfig/network file as root and add "NOZEROCONF=yes" to a new line at the end of the file.
- Previously, the /etc/fstab file contained unnecessary entries. Consequently, file systems mounting did not work properly when updating the kernel and grub installation. With this update, the unnecessary entries have been removed and file systems mounting now works as expected in this scenario.
- Previously, a dhclient configuration option was missing in the ifcfg-eth0 configuration file. As a consequence, the network connectivity was lost if Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) failed. This update adds the “PERSISTENT_DHCLIENT=1” configuration option to the ifcfg-eth0 configuration file. Now, if the Network Interface Controller (NIC) is unable to negotiate a DHCP address, it retries.
- The virtual-guest image now includes a profile for the "tuned" daemon that is activated by default. This helps improve performance of the guest in most situations.