- Attempting to compile a SystemTap script using the jstack tapset could have failed with an error similar to the following:error: the frame size of 272 bytes is larger than 256 bytesThis update corrects the jstack tapset and resolves this problem.
- Because of incorrect KDC list concatenation logic, the sun.security.krb5.Config.getKDCList method returned incorrect KDC lists when the dns_lookup_kdc property in the krb5.conf file was set to true. The concatenation logic has been fixed with this release and correct KDC lists are now returned.
- The java-1.7.0-openjdk RPM package contained incorrect specification of the libnss3 dependency and installed its x86_64 version on i686 systems. Because of the missing dependency, launching the java command with the -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote parameter on 32bit JVMs terminated unexpectedly. The dependency specification has been corrected with this update. As a result, the correct version of the libnss3 package is installed and the java command no longer terminates when launched with the -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote parameter.
- BZ#831734, BZ#905128
- The NSS security provider is now the default security provider in OpenJDK 7. This brings a significant performance improvement over the previous releases.
- The java-1.7.0-openjdk RPM package now provides the java dependency. As a result, it is no longer necessary to have the java-1.6.0-openjdk package installed alongside java-1.7.0-openjdk for the java dependency to be available.