- Previously, database errors could occur if multiple node records in different formats were created for the same iSCSI target portal. Consequently, depending on the file system dependent return order of the readdir syscall, an error occasionally occurred causing an update operation to fail. To fix this bug, multiple node records in different formats have been prevented from existing simultaneously and detected at record creation time. Duplicate node entries no longer exist in the iSCSI database, and updates to records do not result in database errors.
- Prior to this update, a single unreachable target could previously block rescans of others. Consequently, the iscsiadm utility could halt in the D state and the rest of the targets could remain unscanned. To fix this bug, iscsiadm has been made terminable and all the targets have been updated. Now, functioning sessions will be rescanned properly without long delays.
- When VDMS (Virtual Desktop Server Manager) attempted to add a new record to the iSCSI database, it failed with the following error:iscsiadm: Error while adding record: no available memory.Consequently, due to this error, the host became non-operational when connecting to storage. An upstream patch has been applied and the /var/lib/iscsi file is now successfully attached.
- For the bnx2i hardware and potentially other offloading solutions (complementary network technologies for delivering data originally targeted for cellular networks), the iscsistart tool for passing along the VLAN tag from iBFT (iSCSI Boot Firmware Table) to iface_rec (iscsi iface record name) has been implemented to this package.
- With this update, support for managing Flash nodes from the open-iscsi utility has been added to this package.