Chapter 5. Deprecated Functionality
- The VirtIO SCSI driver has been removed from the virtio-win package and is no longer supported on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 platform.
- The qemu-guest-agent-win32 package is no longer shipped as part of the qemu-kvm package. The Windows guest agent is now delivered in the Supplementary channel together with other Windows components, for example, virtio-win drivers.
- Prior to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 release, the Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability Add-On was considered fully supported on certain VMware ESXi/vCenter versions in combination with the fence_scsi fence agent. Due to limitations in these VMware platforms in the area of SCSI-3 persistent reservations, the
fence_scsifencing agent is no longer supported on any version of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability Add-On in VMware virtual machines, except when using iSCSI-based storage. See the Virtualization Support Matrix for High Availability for full details on supported combinations:Users using
fence_scsion an affected combination can contact Red Hat Global Support Services for assistance in evaluating alternative configurations or for additional information.
- The systemtap-grapher package has been removed from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. For more information, see https://access.redhat.com/solutions/757983.
- The Matahari agent framework (matahari-*) packages have been removed from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. Focus for remote systems management has shifted towards the use of the CIM infrastructure. This infrastructure relies on an already existing standard which provides a greater degree of interoperability for all users.
- The following packages have been deprecated and are subjected to removal in a future release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. These packages will not be updated in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 repositories and customers who do not use the MRG-Messaging product are advised to uninstall them from their system.
Red Hat MRG-Messaging customers will continue to receive updated functionality as part of their regular updates to the product.
- The libvirt-qpid is no longer part of the fence-virt package.
- The openscap-perl subpackage has been removed from openscap.