Show Table of Contents
Chapter 4. Subscription Management
Red Hat Support Tool
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 includes a new package, redhat-support-tool, which provides the Red Hat Support Tool. This tool facilitates console-based access to Red Hat's subscriber services and gives Red Hat subscribers more venues for accessing both the content and services available to them as Red Hat customers. Further, it enables our customers to integrate and automate their helpdesk services with our subscription services. The capabilities of this package include:
- Knowledge Base article and solution viewing from the console (formatted as man pages).
- Viewing, creating, modifying, and commenting on customer cases from the console.
- Attachment uploading directly to a customer case or to ftp://dropbox.redhat.com/ from the console.
- Full proxy support (that is, FTP and HTTP proxies).
- Easy listing and downloading of attachments to customer cases from the console.
- Knowledge Base searching on query terms, log messages, and other parameters, and viewing search results in a selectable list.
- Easy uploading of log files, text files, and other sources to the Shadowman automatic problem determination engine for diagnosis.
- Various other support-related commands.
For more information about the Red Hat Support Tool, refer to the installed documentation in the
/usr/share/doc/redhat-support-tool-version/directory or the following Knowledge Base article: https://access.redhat.com/site/articles/445443.
Among the list of available subscription, the output of the
subscription-manager list --availablecommand now contains a new field,
Provides. This field shows the names of the products that the system is eligible for. In addition, a new field,
Suggested, has been added to facilitate compliance and provide parity with the graphical user interface (GUI).