libvirtand is intended as a replacement for traditional VNC or SPICE clients.
virt-viewertools, both use the same constant to print their usage message. Consequently, when the user used an unknown command option with the
remote-viewercommand, the error message referred to the
virt-viewer --helpcommand instead of the
remote-viewer --helpcommand. With this update, the
virt-viewercode has been modified so that the commands now return the correct error message when used with an unknown option.
- When connected to a guest using the
virt-viewer -vcommand and the console was closed, the command prompt was printed at the end of the last line instead of the new line. This update fixes this bug and the command prompt is printed correctly.
- If the XML listen attribute contained a string consisting of the colon (“:”) and zero (“0”) characters,
virt-viewerdid not treat the string as a wildcard address and did not create an appropriate remote host address as expected. Consequently, an attempt to connect to a remote host with such an address led to the connection failure. This update modifies the underlying source code to treat the aforementioned characters as wildcards and
virt-viewernow successfully connects to a remote host in the described scenario.
- Due to changes in the latest upstream version of the spice-gtk packages,
virt-viewerstopped working with the new
spice-gtkmodule. With this update, the virt-viewer packages have been rebuilt to work properly with this new version of
- Previously, the automatic window resize option did not work correctly with the
remote-viewerclient. When disabling and then re-enabling the automatic window size, the resized window was smaller then expected. This update provides a patch to fix this bug and the automatic window resize option now works properly.
- Within certain non-US keyboard layouts, keyboard shortcuts using the “Alt” key and another character worked even if they were disabled in a virtual machine. This update applies a patch that fixes this bug and keyboard shortcuts are now disabled as expected.
- Previously, when the
virt-viewerclient was sized to the full screen, the virt-viewer size resolution could not be set to a higher resolution than the monitor's native resolution. With this update, the user is now able to set a higher resolution than the monitor's native resolution.
- When connecting to a SPICE guest and the user input an incorrect graphic password first, a later attempt to connect using the correct password was unsuccessful, and the
virt-viewertool terminated unexpectedly. This update modifies the underlying code so that
virt-viewerno longer crashes in the described scenario.
- When connecting to the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization portal and the
remote-viewerclient was started from the
XPIplug-in, the client terminated unexpectedly with a segmentation fault. This update modifies the underlying code and applies a patch to fix this bug so that
remote-viewernow works as expected in this situation.
- Previously, when using
remote-viewerto display multiple screens of a virtual machine with multiple physical displays, under certain circumstances,
remote-viewercould display only one screen in single
remote-viewerwindow and the other screens were disconnected. With this update, the underlying code has been modified so that all physical displays are now properly displayed in the respective
- This enhancement provides the new
--titleoption which allows the user to specify a title displayed in the remote-viewer window title bar.
- With this update, the
virt-viewertool supports the
virt-viewertool is now able to handle requests from the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization portal to enable or disable passing of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete key combination to the guest operating system.
- Screenshots can be currently saved only in the PNG format. With this update, the “.png” suffix is automatically added to the screenshot file name if is it missing.