Updated virt-top packages that fix two bugs and add three enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The virt-top utility displays statistics of virtualized domains and uses many of the same keys and command-line options as the top utility.
- Prior to this update, the "-o" (sort) option was not properly described in the output of the "virt-top --help" command. Four of the possible sort parameters were not mentioned in the description. This bug has been fixed and the full range of sort parameters is now shown in the virt-top --help message.
- Previously, the column names of the virt-top summary table were not explained in the virt-top man page. The manual page has been updated, and the headings are now properly documented in the "COLUMN HEADINGS" section.
- The copyright information has been updated in the virt-top man pages and help documents.
- This update adds a separate man page for the processcsv.py script, which was previously documented only in the virt-top man page.
- With this update, the "virt-top -1" command has been enhanced to separately display the usage of virtual CPUs. Two numbers are now shown under each domain column; the first is the percentage of the physical CPU used by the domain and the hypervisor together, the second is the percentage used just by the domain. This information is important for performance tuning and other tasks.
All users of virt-top are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and add these enhancements.