- Previously, the /dev/disk/by-id file contained all expected symbolic links for cciss devices, but only one device link was present in the /dev/disk/by-path/ directory. This bug has been fixed and this file now contains all symbolic links as expected.
- The udev(7) man page did not document the hex encoding of blacklisted characters used in the device or symbolic link names. This update adds a paragraph about character encoding into the SYMLINK section of the udev(7) man page.
- Due to a bug in the binutils linker, the libudev library lost the ExecShield (GNU_RELRO) section and was not protected by the ExecShield security mechanism. This update contains libudev with the ExecShield (GNU_RELRO) section included.
- When using multipath devices, the udev utility tried to make a UUID symbolic link for all the different paths, but only the first one succeeded. Consequently, udev wrote several "File exists" error messages to the system log. This update provides a patch to change these messages from being logged as an error message to being logged as an informational message.
- When no medium was inserted in a drive, the cdrom_id utility, which is an udev helper tool, could not read DV and CD-ROM drive profiles. Consequently, the udev properties for the device node of the drive may not have contained all properties describing the capabilities of the drive, which could prevent other software using the udev database from offering all functionality for the drive. This bug has been fixed and all udev properties for the drive, which cdrom_id detects via drive's properties, are now stored for the device as expected.
- Previously, kernel messages showed device names instead of persistent device names provided by udev. As a consequence, device names could point to different devices every boot. This enhancement adds a new feature, which stores the mapping of device names, such as sda or sdb, and persistent device names to kernel messages.