Language and Page Formatting Options
- Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Endpoint Cards which support both CAC and PIV interfaces might not work with the latest coolkey update; some signature operations like PKINIT can fail. To work around this problem, downgrade coolkey to the version shipped with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3.
- Even if the stored credentials are used , the report-gtk utility can report the following error message:
Wrong settings detected for Red Hat Customer Support [..]To work around this problem, close the dialog window; the
Password=<rhn-password>credentials in the
/etc/libreport/plugins/rhtsupport.confwill be used in the same way they are used by report-rhtsupport.For more information, refer to this Knowledge Base article.
- When a user password is used to lock a console with vlock, the console can only be unlocked with the user password, not the root password. That is, even if the first inserted password is incorrect, and the user is prompted to provide the root password, entering the root password fails with an error message.
- Libreoffice contains a number of harmless files used for testing purposes. However, on Microsoft Windows system, these files can trigger false positive alerts on various anti-virus software, such as Microsoft Security Essentials. For example, the alerts can be triggered when scanning the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 ISO file.
- When the computer runs on battery, custom brightness level is not remembered and restored if power saving features like "dim display when idle" or "reduce backlight brightness when idle" are enabled.
- rsyslog does not reload its configuration after a
SIGHUPsignal is issued. To reload the configuration, the
rsyslogdaemon needs to be restarted:
service rsyslog restart
- The parted utility in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 cannot handle Extended Address Volumes (EAV) Direct Access Storage Devices (DASD) that have more than 65535 cylinders. Consequently, EAV DASD drives cannot be partitioned using parted, and installation on EAV DASD drives will fail. To work around this issue, complete the installation on a non EAV DASD drive, then add the EAV device after the installation using the tools provided in the s390-utils package.