- Previously, when the "-spice" command line option of the qemu-kvm command contained invalid parameters, the SPICE server terminated unexpectedly. This behavior has been modified, and SPICE server now returns a proper error value when incorrect parameters are passed.
- Previously, resolution changes run in a loop on a guest virtual machine led the qemu-kvm process to fail with the SIGABRT signal. This was caused by calling the ring _remove() function twice by the red_worker script. This bug has been fixed, and qemu-kvm no longer crashes in the described case.
- Previously, non-RGB images with masks were omitted when rendering the guest user interface with the spice-server package. Consequently, certain icons were rendered incorrectly. This bug has been fixed, and the rendering errors no longer occur.
- Using the LZ compression for server self-created images resulted in incorrect stride values, which caused SPICE server to abort. With this update, the LZ compression is no longer used for these images to prevent SPICE server termination.
- Previously, messages from a client to the spice-vdagent agent were received by SPICE server, even after the agent had already disconnected from the server. These messages were mishandled and in certain circumstances could cause SPICE server to terminate unexpectedly. Now, these messages are dropped by the server, thus preventing this bug.
- When trying to change the settings of the "3D Flying Objects" screen saver, SPICE server was forced to access already freed pointers. Consequently, SPICE server terminated unexpectedly with a segmentation fault. With this update, the sequence of operations has been reordered to prevent the segmentation fault.
- With this update, a seamless migration of the SPICE server has been enabled to ensure the full data transfer. This change required modifications in the QUEMU emulator and the libvirt library. The "seamless-migration=on" argument has been added to SPICE's QUEMU arguments. In case this argument is not set, SPICE returns to the old migration pathway.
- This update adds support for multiple monitors and arbitrary screen resolutions.
- A stack-based buffer overflow flaw was found in the way the reds_handle_ticket() function in the spice-server library handled decryption of ticket data provided by the client. A remote user able to initiate a SPICE connection to an application acting as a SPICE server could use this flaw to crash the application.