Language and Page Formatting Options
Updated rdesktop packages that fix multiple bugs are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The rdesktop packages provide a client for the Remote Desktop Server in Microsoft Windows. The rdesktop client uses the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) to remotely present a user's desktop.
- BZ#680917, BZ#772020
- Prior to this update, redundant conversions functions did not handle the PC/SC (Personal Computer/Smart Card) integration correctly. As a consequence, the rdesktop on AMD64 and Intel 64 platforms failed to connect and incorrectly. This update removes these redundant functions. This update also adds smart card reader support for AMD64 and Intel 64 platforms. Now, the rdesktop connects as expected.
- Prior to this update, the rdesktop code for smart card integration with PC/SC caused a buffer overflow on AMD64 and Intel 64 platforms. As a consequence, the glibc function "free()" was aborted with a segmentation fault. This update uses the correct structure and the glibc function "free()" works now as expected.
- Prior to this update, the server generated a cursor-related command that the rdesktop client did not support when using rdesktop to connect to Windows Server 2008 R2 platforms. As a consequence, the mouse pointer was all black. With this update, the mouse pointer is drawn correctly when connecting to Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Prior to this update, the specification file incorrectly listed the libao-devel package as an install dependency for rdesktop. This update removes the libao-devel dependency from the specification file.
- Prior to this update, the rdesktop client did not handle the licenses correctly, As a consequence, certain Terminal Services failed to connect after the first connection with the error message "disconnect: Internal licensing error". This update modifies the underlying code to handle licenses as expected. Now, Terminal Services connect as expected.
All users of rdesktop are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs.