Language and Page Formatting Options
Updated perl-Sys-Virt packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The perl-Sys-Virt packages provide application programming interfaces (APIs) to manage virtual machines from Perl with the libvirt library.
The perl-Sys-Virt package has been upgraded to upstream version 0.10.2, which provides a number of enhancements over the previous version. (BZ#836955)
- Previously, the Perl binding was setting an incompatible flag for the set_blkio_parameters() function. Consequently, it was impossible to use this function to apply block tuning. The incorrect flag has been removed and set_blkio_parameters() can now be used as expected.
- Prior to this update, an incorrect string length was used when setting hash keys, and thus names of certain hash keys were truncated. The correct string lengths were provided for hash keys and the hash keys for the get_node_memory_stats() function now match their documentation.
- When setting memory parameters, the set_node_memory_parameters() function was trying to also update some read-only values. Consequently, set_node_memory_parameters() always returned an error message. To fix this bug, the method has been changed to only set parameters, and set_node_memory_parameters() now works as expected.
- Previously, the API documentation contained formatting errors. This update provides correction of the API documentation, which formats the documentation correctly.
- Due to missing default values for parameters in the pm_suspend_for_duration() and pm_wakeup() functions, callers of the API had to supply the parameters even though they were supposed to be optional. With this update, the default values have been added to these functions, which now succeed when called.
- Prior to this update, mistakes were present in the Plain Old Documentation (POD) for the list_all_volumes() parameters, which could mislead users. The documentation has been updated and, for list_all_volumes() now describes the API usage correctly.
- Previously, an incorrect class name was used with the list_all_nwfilters() function. Consequently, the objects returned from list_all_nwfilters() could not be used. Now, the object name has been fixed and the list_all_nwfilters() function works as expected.
- When checking return value of the screenshot() and current_snapshot() functions, a wrong data type was assumed. Consequently, certain errors were not handled properly and applications could eventually terminate unexpectedly. With this update, API errors are correctly handled in screenshot() and current_snapshot(), and the applications no longer crash.
Users of perl-Sys-Virt are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and add these enhancements.