Updated kdelibs packages that fix various bugs are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The kdelibs packages provide libraries for the K Desktop Environment (KDE).
- Prior to this update, the KDE Print dialog did not remember previous settings, nor did it allow the user to save the settings. Consequent to this, when printing several documents, users were forced to manually change settings for each printed document. With this update, the KDE Print dialog retains previous settings as expected.
- When the system was configured to use the Traditional Chinese language (the zh_TW locale), Konqueror incorrectly used a Chinese (zh_CN) version of its splash page. This update ensures that Konqueror uses the correct locale.
- Previously, clicking the system tray to display hidden icons could cause the Plasma Workspaces to consume an excessive amount of CPU time. This update applies a patch that fixes this error.
- When using Konqueror to recursively copy files and directories, if one of the subdirectories was not accessible, no warning or error message was reported to the user. This update ensures that Konqueror displays a proper warning message in this scenario.
- Prior to this update, an attempt to add "Terminal Emulator" to the Main Toolbar caused Konqueror to terminate unexpectedly with a segmentation fault. With this update, the underlying source code has been corrected to prevent this error so that users can now use this functionality as expected.
All users of kdelibs are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs.
Updated kdelibs packages that fix two security issues are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 FasTrack.
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having critical security impact. Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) associated with each description below.
The kdelibs packages provide libraries for the K Desktop Environment (KDE). Konqueror is a web browser.
- A heap-based buffer overflow flaw was found in the way the CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) parser in kdelibs parsed the location of the source for font faces. A web page containing malicious content could cause an application using kdelibs (such as Konqueror) to crash or, potentially, execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user running the application.
- A heap-based buffer over-read flaw was found in the way kdelibs calculated canvas dimensions for large images. A web page containing malicious content could cause an application using kdelibs to crash or disclose portions of its memory.
Users should upgrade to these updated packages, which contain backported patches to correct these issues. The desktop must be restarted (log out, then log back in) for this update to take effect.