- Previously, the gdm_smartcard_extension_is_visible() function returned "TRUE" instead of the "ret" variable. Consequently, the smartcard login could not be disabled in the system-config-authentication window if the pcsd package was installed. With this update, gdm_smartcard_extension_is_visible() has been modified to return the correct value. As a result, the described error no longer occurs.
- When GDM was used to connect to a host via XDMCP (X Display Manager Control Protocol), another connection to a remote system using the "ssh -X" command resulted in failed authentication with the X server. Consequently, applications such as xterm could not be displayed on a remote system. This update provides a compatible MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key in the described scenario, thus fixing this incompatibility.
- Previously, X server audit messages were not included by default in the X server log. Now, those messages are unconditionally included in the log. Also, with this update, verbose messages are added to the X server log if debugging is enabled in the /etc/gdm/custom.conf file by setting "Enable=true" in the "debug" section.
- Previously, after booting the system, the following message occurred in the /var/log/gdm/:0-greeter.log file:
gdm-simple-greeter[PID]: Gtk-WARNING: gtkwidget.c:5460: widget not within a GtkWindowWith this update, this warning is no longer displayed.
- With this update, GDM has been modified to allow smartcard authentication when the visible user list is disabled.
- Previously, the GDM debugging logs were stored in the /var/log/messages file. With this update, a separate /var/log/gdm/daemon.log file has been established for these debugging logs.