- Attempting to send a file to a specific e-mail address failed if the "mailfirst" and "delaycompress" options were used at the same time. This was because logrotate searched for a file with the "gz" suffix, however the file had not yet been compressed. The underlying source code has been modified, and logrotate correctly finds and sends the file under these circumstances.
- Prior to this update, the AUTHORS section of the logrotate(8) manual page contained invalid contact information for previous maintainers. This update modifies the manual page and adds this information to ensure that the contact information of the current maintainers is correct.
- Prior to this update, the definition of the "size" parameter in the logrotate(8) manual page was misleading. This update modifies the manual page and this definition is now easier to understand.
- Prior to this update, the logrotate(8) manual page did not list all options that the logrotate utility actually recognizes. This update adds the missing options and the manual list contains now all available options.
- Prior to this update, the logrotate(8) manual page contained several misprints. This update modifies the logrotate(8) manual page and corrects the misprints.
- Prior to this update, logrotate did not check the configuration file for correctly matched brackets. As a consequence, system files could be wrongly removed. This update modifies logrotate so that brackets are detected and checked for correct matching. Now, configuration files without matching brackets are skipped.
- Prior to this update, logrotate removed the Access Control Lists (ACL) flags, which are used to permit selected groups to access all logs, when rotating logs. As a consequence, selected groups could not access all logs. With this update, ACL support has been added to logrotate.