- BZ#814541, BZ#814548
- Previously, when saving a keymap with a specified name, predefined naming convention was followed and the file name was saved with the "-" prefix without noticing the user. With this update, if the user attempts to save a keymap, a dialog box displaying the required file name format appears.
- This update provides the complete iok translation for all supported locales.
- Due to xkb keymaps being rewritten in a recent update of the xkeyboard-config package, the iok's language list contained incorrect xkb keymap names when selecting the Hindi X Keyboard Extension (XKB). To fix this problem, the iok's xkb parser has been rewritten.
- Previously, iok looked for files with the ".mim" suffix in the "~/.m17n" directory instead of the "~/.m17n.d" directory. This update modifies the directory path to the correct "~/.m17n.d" so that the user-defined keymap files are saved in the correct directory.
- Previously, when using the on-screen keyboard, mouse clicks on various characters worked as expected. However, finger inputs failed because the first selected character was selected regardless of what characters the user selected next. With this update, users can use the drag-and-drop feature when running iok in advanced mode (the "iok -a" command), which allows users to drag the first key button over the second button. The drag-and-drop feature is not available in iok's default mode.
- Due to a small size of the xkb name array, if the user selected the xkb-Malayalam keymap (enhanced Indian Script with the Rupee sign), and then pressed the "To English" button, the iok utility could terminate unexpectedly. With this update, the size of the xkb name array has been increased so that the utility no longer crashes in the described scenario.