- Previously, when a system hotkey was used to change the display configuration, sometimes a valid XRandR configuration failed to be selected and the monitors were not kept in clone mode. Consequently, it was impossible to switch displays. With this update, gnome-settings-daemon always selects valid XRandR modes, and sets or unsets clone mode as expected, thus fixing this bug.
- Previously, the selected keyboard layout on certain machines reverted to the "US" layout every time the user logged in. With this update, the bug has been fixed so that the selected keyboard layout is not reverted anymore.
- Previously, the automatic mapping of the screen tablet did not work with the NVIDIA driver. With this update, support for the NV-CONTROL extension has been added so that the automatic mapping of the screen tablet now works as expected.
- Previously, the button mapping to actions did not work in the Wacom graphics tablet plug-in. As a result, the Map Buttons did not display in the GUI and activating buttons on the Wacom graphics tablet had no effect. With this update, these problems have been fixed.
- With this update, Wacom graphics tablets are now supported with gnome-settings-daemon.
- This update modifies the way gnome-settings-daemon stores settings in GConf. Previously, the settings were stored per user and per device. With this update, the settings are now stored per user, per device, and per machine.