4.357. xorg-x11-drv-wacom and wacomcpl
Updated xorg-x11-drv-wacom and wacomcpl packages that fix multiple bugs and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The xorg-x11-drv-wacom package provides an X Window System input device driver that allows the X server to handle Wacom tablets with extended functionality.
The wacomcpl package provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for the xorg-x11-drv-wacom X input device driver.
The wacomcpl package has been upgraded to upstream version 0.10, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version. (BZ#713864)
- With this update, the new X.Org server is now supported.
- Previously, the xsetwacom(1) manual page contained a typographical error. This update corrects the typographical error.
- Previously, calibration could be inaccurate when using TwinView while the orientation was set to "LeftOf". With this update, the source code is modified and calibration now works as expected.
- Prior to this update, the wacomcpl utility supported only a single wacomcplrc file in the user's home directory. All the user settings were restored from this file when logging in. When various users logged into multiple machines with a different setup, a user had to update the wacomcplrc file every time. With this update, wacomcpl is modified to support host-specific wacomcplrc files. If no file exists with a hostname suffix, wacomcpl finally tries to load the wacomcplrc file without the suffix.
- With this update, the eraser automatically updates to the same calibration setting as the stylus when calibrating or binding the stylus to a screen using wacomcpl.
All users of xorg-x11-drv-wacom and wacomcpl are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and add these enhancements.