Updated ricci packages that fix multiple bugs and add one enhancement are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The ricci packages contain a daemon and a client for remote configuring and managing of clusters.
- Prior to this update, the ccs_sync utility could not handle IPv6 addresses. This could prevent the cluster.conf file from being distributed to nodes. The ccs_sync utility has been modified to be able to recognize and use IPv6 addresses. Now, the cluster.conf file is distributed to all nodes correctly.
- The ccs tool did not add or list virtual machine services correctly when using the "ccs --addresource" command. This was caused by the virtual machine resource being incorrectly added in the "resources" tag instead of the "rm" tag. This problem has been fixed and virtual machine services are now added directly in the "rm" tag when using the ccs tool.
- Prior to this update, the /usr/share/ccs/cluster.rng schema file did not contain definition of the "suborg" option for the fence_cisco_ucs agent. As a consequence, the cluster.conf file was not changed when adding a fencing instance definition with the "suborg" option. With this update, the cluster.rng schema has been modified to match the schema present in the cman package.
- Previous versions of ricci did not require the modcluster package even though it was needed for ricci to work correctly. With this update, ricci now requires modcluster to be installed.
- The ccs utility can now parse metadata in /usr/share/cluster and lists all the services and fence devices available, as well as their options.
All users of ricci are advised to upgrade to these updated ricci packages, which fix these bugs and add this enhancement.