- BZ#724896, BZ#724899, BZ#724900
- The perftest, qperf, and srptool packages spec files erroneously limited the 32 bit Intel build to just the i386 architecture while Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 now defaults 32 bit Intel builds to the i686 architecture. As a consequence these packages failed to build on the i686 architecture. With this update the error has been corrected and the packages build as expected.
- In Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 changes to network functions to support multiple IP addresses on an interface were made. This caused the ifup-ib script to fail to start IPoIB interfaces depending on how the ifcfg-ib[n] (where [n] is 0 or greater) file was written. Erroneous error messages, "Error: an inet prefix is expected rather than" or "Error, some other host already uses address" were logged. With this update, the ifup-ib script has been changed to handle an array of multiple IP addresses and the error no longer occurs in the scenario described.
- This update provides support in OpenSM for Single Root I/O Virtualization (SRIOV) using SRIOV ports exposed on Mellanox SRIOV capable devices.
- An OpenSM update was required in order to provide SRIOV support and the update changed the names of the libraries exported by OpenSM and the rest of the InfiniBand management stack. Therefore a new package, "compat-opensm-libs", that provides a copy of the original libraries, was added to the stack to prevent this upgrade from breaking installed applications.