- The Java Web Start window invoked by the "javaws -about" command contained out-of-date information and could not be closed correctly. The information was out-dated because the Java Network Launching Protocol (JNLP) XML file defined inadequate access permissions to access the about.jnlp file, which contained the update information. With this update, the about information has been moved to an accessible location. The window failed to close as the respective process thread became unresponsive. Now, the window contains up-to-date information and the thread closes correctly.
- MindTerm SSH Applet failed to work as it was using class netscape.security.PrivilegeManager, which was not present in icedtea-web. This update adds the class and the applet works as expected.
- BZ#731345, BZ#731358
- Java Web Start and IcedTea plug-in sometimes failed to run as they were calling a java binary with a JDK-based path instead of a JRE-based path. With this update, the package spec file contains the correct definition of the path construction and javaws and icedtea-plugin call the correct java binary.
- When running an application with javaws, javaws failed to use the proxy settings from Firefox even though the respective setting was enabled ("Use browser settings") and failed over to the "DIRECT" mode. This happened because javaws was looking for the DEFAULT profile in the Firefox configuration file to acquire the current proxy settings. If it failed to locate the section with the DEFAULT profile, the default "DIRECT" mode was applied. With this update, javaws uses the settings from the last section under these circumstances.
- Starting from version 10, Elluminate did not work with IcedTea-Web. This happened because Elluminate specified Class-Path elements in its manifest file which caused a conflict with the jnlp-specified JARs. With this update, the IcedTea-Web plug-in no longer honors the Class-Path elements (just as the Oracle implementation) and Elluminate works with IcedTea-Web as expected.