OpenSCAP is a set of open source libraries that support the Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) standards from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). OpenSCAP supports the SCAP components:
- Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE)
- Common Platform Enumeration (CPE)
- Common Configuration Enumeration (CCE)
- Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS)
- Open Vulnerability and Assessment Language (OVAL)
- Extensible Configuration Checklist Description Format (XCCDF)
The Simple Protocol for Independent Computing Environments (SPICE) is a remote display protocol designed for virtual environments. SPICE users can view a virtualized desktop or server from the local system or any system with network access to the server. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 introduces support for smartcard passthough via the SPICE protocol.