9. Devices and Device Drivers
- PCI Device Ordering
- In Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, the PCI device ordering is based on the PCI device enumeration. PCI device enumeration is based on the PCI enumeration algorithm (depth first then breadth) and is constant per system type. Additionally, once the devices are discovered, the module loading process is sequentialized, providing persistent naming of the interfaces.
9.1. Technology Previews
- Brocade BFA Driver
- The Brocade BFA driver is considered a Technology Preview feature in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. The BFA driver supports Brocade FibreChannel and FCoE mass storage adapters.
- SR-IOV on the be2net driver
- The SR-IOV functionality of the Emulex be2net driver is considered a Technology Preview in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.