13.4. Using KVM para-virtualized drivers for new devices
virsh attach-interfacecommands can be used to attach devices using the para-virtualized drivers.
- Open the guest by double clicking on the name of the guest in
- Open the Hardware tab.
- Press the Add Hardware button.
- In the Adding Virtual Hardware tab select Storage or Network for the type of device.
- New disk devicesSelect the storage device or file-based image. Select Virtio Disk as the Device type and press Forward.
- New network devicesSelect Virtual network or Shared physical device. Select virtio as the Device type and press Forward.
- Press Finish to save the device.
- Reboot the guest. The device may not be recognized until the Windows guest restarts.