16.8. Installing in an LPAR without the Red Hat Enterprise Linux for System z CD-ROMs
- Log in on the Support Element Workplace as a user with sufficient privileges to install a new OS to an LPAR.
- Select, then select the LPAR you wish to install to.
- Use the arrows in the frame on the right side to navigate to themenu.
- Double-click on Load from CD-ROM or Server.
- In the dialog box that follows, select FTP Source, and enter the following information:
- Host Computer:
- Hostname or IP address of the FTP server you wish to install from (for example,
- User ID:
- Your user name on the FTP server (or anonymous)
- Your password (use your email address if you are logging in as anonymous)
- Leave this field empty
- File location (can be left blank):
- Directory on the FTP server holding Red Hat Enterprise Linux for System z (for example,
- In the dialog that follows, keep the default selection of
redhat.insand click .
- Refer to Section 16.9, “Installing in an LPAR (Common Steps)” to continue.