Show Table of Contents
16.7. Installing in an LPAR using the Red Hat Enterprise Linux LPAR CD
The following steps must be taken when installing onto an LPAR.
- Log in on the Hardware Master Console (HMC) or the Support Element Workplace (SEW) as a user with sufficient privileges to install a new OS to an LPAR. The SYSPROG user is recommended.
- Select, then select the LPAR to which you wish to install. Use the arrows in the frame on the right side to navigate to the menu.
- Double-click on.
- In the dialog box that follows, select Local CD-ROM then click Continue.
- In the dialog that follows, keep the default selection of
generic.insthen click Continue.
- Skip to Section 16.9, “Installing in an LPAR (Common Steps)” to continue.