32.4. Partition Information
Figure 32.4. Partition Information
msdosfor x86 and
gptfor Itanium), select Initialize the disk label if you are installing on a brand new hard drive.
kickstartsupport Logical Volume Management (LVM), at present there is no mechanism for configuring this using the Kickstart Configurator.
32.4.1. Creating Partitions
- In the Additional Size Options section, choose to make the partition a fixed size, up to a chosen size, or fill the remaining space on the hard drive. If you selected swap as the file system type, you can select to have the installation program create the swap partition with the recommended size instead of specifying a size.
- Force the partition to be created as a primary partition.
- Create the partition on a specific hard drive. For example, to make the partition on the first IDE hard disk (
hdaas the drive. Do not include
/devin the drive name.
- Use an existing partition. For example, to make the partition on the first partition on the first IDE hard disk (
hda1as the partition. Do not include
/devin the partition name.
- Format the partition as the chosen file system type.
Figure 32.5. Creating Partitions
126.96.36.199. Creating Software RAID Partitions
- Click thebutton.
- Select Create a software RAID partition.
- Configure the partitions as previously described, except select Software RAID as the file system type. Also, you must specify a hard drive on which to make the partition or specify an existing partition to use.
Figure 32.6. Creating a Software RAID Partition
- Click thebutton.
- Select Create a RAID device.
- Select a mount point, file system type, RAID device name, RAID level, RAID members, number of spares for the software RAID device, and whether to format the RAID device.
Figure 32.7. Creating a Software RAID Device
- Clickto add the device to the list.