12.26. Installation Complete
- IBM eServer System p and System i — Completing the Installation
- Do not forget to remove any boot media.After rebooting, you must set the open firmware boot device to the disk containing your Red Hat Enterprise Linux PReP and / partitions. To accomplish this, wait until the LED indicator or HMC SRC says
E1F1, then press 1 to enter the System Management Services GUI. Click on . Select . Select . Select the disk containing Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Set the other devices as you wish. Then exit the SMS menus to boot your new system.
NoteSteps in the SMS menu may be different depending on the machine model.After your computer's normal power-up sequence has completed, YABOOT's prompt appears, at which you can do any of the following things:
Once Red Hat Enterprise Linux has booted, one or more screens of messages should scroll by. Eventually, a
- Press Enter — causes YABOOT's default boot entry to be booted.
- Select a boot label, followed by Enter — causes YABOOT to boot the operating system corresponding to the boot label. (Press Tab for non-System i systems at the
boot:prompt for a list of valid boot labels.)
- Do nothing — after YABOOT's timeout period, (by default, five seconds) YABOOT automatically boots the default boot entry.
login:prompt or a GUI login screen (if you installed the X Window System and chose to start X automatically) appears.