11.5.2. Adding Unallocated Volumes to a volume group
- create a new volume group,
- add the unallocated volume to an existing volume group,
- remove the volume from LVM.
Figure 11.18. Unallocated Volumes
Figure 11.19. Add physical volume to volume group
- create a new logical volume (click on thebutton,
- select one of the existing logical volumes and increase the extents (see Section 11.5.6, “Extending a volume group”),
- select an existing logical volume and remove it from the volume group by clicking on thebutton. Please note that you cannot select unused space to perform this operation.
Figure 11.20. Logical view of volume group
Figure 11.21. Logical view of volume group