17.5. Establishing an xDSL Connection
- Click the Devices tab.
- Click the New button.
- Select xDSL connection from the Device Type list, and click Forward as shown in Figure 17.8, “Select Device Type”.
Figure 17.8. Select Device Type
- If your Ethernet card is in the hardware list, select the Ethernet Device from the pulldown menu from the page shown in Figure 17.9, “xDSL Settings”. Otherwise, the Select Ethernet Adapter window appears.
NoteThe installation program detects supported Ethernet devices and prompts you to configure them. If you configured any Ethernet devices during the installation, they are displayed in the hardware list on the Hardware tab.
Figure 17.9. xDSL Settings
- Enter the Provider Name, Login Name, and Password. If you are not setting up a T-Online account, select Normal from the Account Type pulldown menu.If you are setting up a T-Online account, select T-Online from the Account Type pulldown menu and enter any values in the Login name and Password field. You can further configure your T-Online account settings once the DSL connection has been fully configured (refer to Setting Up a T-Online Account).
- Click the Forward to go to the Create DSL Connection menu. Check your settings and click Apply to finish.
- After configuring the DSL connection, it appears in the device list as shown in Figure 17.10, “xDSL Device”.
Figure 17.10. xDSL Device
- After adding the xDSL connection, you can edit its configuration by selecting the device from the device list and clicking Edit.
Figure 17.11. xDSL ConfigurationFor example, when the device is added, it is configured not to start at boot time by default. Edit its configuration to modify this setting. Click OK when finished.
- Once you are satisfied with your xDSL connection settings, select File > Save to save the changes.
If you are setting up a T-Online Account, follow these additional steps:
- Select the device from the device list and click Edit.
- Select the Provider tab from the xDSL Configuration menu as shown in Figure 17.12, “xDSL Configuration - Provider Tab”.
Figure 17.12. xDSL Configuration - Provider Tab
- Click the T-Online Account Setup button. This will open the Account Setup window for your T-Online account as shown in Figure 17.13, “Account Setup”.
Figure 17.13. Account Setup
- Enter your Adapter identifier, Associated T-Online number, Concurrent user number/suffix, and Personal password.. Click OK when finished to close the Account Setup window.
- On the xDSL Configuration window, click OK. Be sure to select File > Save from the Network Administration Tool to save the changes.