17.6. Establishing a Token Ring Connection
- Click the Devices tab.
- Click thebutton on the toolbar.
- Select Token Ring connection from the Device Type list and click .
- If you have already added the token ring card to the hardware list, select it from the Tokenring card list. Otherwise, select Other Tokenring Card to add the hardware device.
- If you selected Other Tokenring Card, the Select Token Ring Adapter window as shown in Figure 17.14, “Token Ring Settings” appears. Select the manufacturer and model of the adapter. Select the device name. If this is the system's first token ring card, select tr0; if this is the second token ring card, select tr1 (and so on). The Network Administration Tool also allows the user to configure the resources for the adapter. Click to continue.
Figure 17.14. Token Ring Settings
- On the Configure Network Settings page, choose between DHCP and static IP address. You may specify a hostname for the device. If the device receives a dynamic IP address each time the network is started, do not specify a hostname. Click to continue.
- Click Create Tokenring Device page.on the
Figure 17.15. Token Ring Device