17.4. Establishing a Modem Connection
- Click the Devices tab.
- Click thebutton on the toolbar.
- Select Modem connection from the Device Type list, and click .
- If there is a modem already configured in the hardware list (on the Hardware tab), the Network Administration Tool assumes you want to use it to establish a modem connection. If there are no modems already configured, it tries to detect any modems in the system. This probe might take a while. If a modem is not found, a message is displayed to warn you that the settings shown are not values found from the probe.
- After probing, the window in Figure 17.6, “Modem Settings” appears.
Figure 17.6. Modem Settings
- Configure the modem device, baud rate, flow control, and modem volume. If you do not know these values, accept the defaults if the modem was probed successfully. If you do not have touch tone dialing, uncheck the corresponding checkbox. Click.
- If your ISP is in the pre-configured list, select it. Otherwise, enter the required information about your ISP account. If you do not know these values, contact your ISP. Click.
- On the IP Settings page, select whether to obtain an IP address automatically or whether to set one statically. Click when finished.
- On the Create Dialup Connection page, click .
Modemas shown in Figure 17.7, “Modem Device”.
Figure 17.7. Modem Device