Language and Page Formatting Options
Chapter 57. RH133: Red Hat Linux System Administration and Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT) Certification
57.1. Course Description
RH133 focuses on skills in systems administration on Red Hat Linux, to a level where you can attach and configure a workstation on an existing network. This 4.5-day course provides intensive hands-on training on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and includes the RH202 RHCT Certification Lab Exam on the last day.
RH033 Red Hat Linux Essentials or equivalent experience with Red Hat Linux.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will possess basic Linux system administrator knowledge which can be proved by passing the RHCT Exam. The exam is a performance-based lab exam that tests actual ability to install, configure, and attach a new Red Hat Linux system to an existing production network.
Linux or UNIX users who understand the basics of Red Hat Linux and desire further technical training to begin the process of becoming a system administrator.
57.1.4. Course Objectives
- Install Red Hat Linux interactively and with Kickstart
- Control common system hardware; administer Linux printing subsystem
- Create and maintain the Linux filesystem
- Perform user and group administration
- Integrate a workstation with an existing network
- Configure a workstation as a client to NIS, DNS, and DHCP services
- Automate tasks with at, cron, and anacron
- Back up filesystems to tape and tar archive
- Manipulate software packages with RPM
- Configure the X Window System and the GNOME d.e.
- Perform performance, memory, and process mgmt.
- Configure basic host security
57.1.5. Follow-on Courses
RH253 Red Hat Linux Net. and Sec. Admin. (p. 9)