Chapter 54. Certification Tracks
- Red Hat Certified Technician® (RHCT®)
- Now entering its third year, Red Hat Certified Technician is the fastest-growing credential in all of Linux, with currently over 15,000 certification holders. RHCT is the best first step in establishing Linux credentials and is an ideal initial certification for those transitioning from non-UNIX®/ Linux environments.Red Hat certifications are indisputably regarded as the best in Linux, and perhaps, according to some, in all of IT. Taught entirely by experienced Red Hat experts, our certification programs measure competency on actual live systems and are in great demand by employers and IT professionals alike.Choosing the right certification depends on your background and goals. Whether you have advanced, minimal, or no UNIX or Linux experience whatsoever, Red Hat Training has a training and certification path that is right for you.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer® (RHCE®)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer began in 1999 and has been earned by more than 20,000 Linux experts. Called the "crown jewel of Linux certifications," independent surveys have ranked the RHCE program #1 in all of IT.
- Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)
- An RHCSS has RHCE security knowledge plus specialized skills in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Directory Server and SELinux to meet the security requirements of today's enterprise environments. RHCSS is Red Hat's newest certification, and the only one of its kind in Linux.
- Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- RHCEs who seek advanced training can enroll in Enterprise Architect courses and prove their competency with the newly announced Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) certification. RHCA is the capstone certification to Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT) and Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), the most acclaimed certifications in the Linux space.