- Previously, when a file "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth[X]" contained static route options that system-config-network did not parse, that file was removed upon editing eth[X] in system-config-network even if the static route options had not been changed. This update corrects the issue such that system-config-network no longer removes route-eth[X] files in the described scenario.
- Previously, if the configuration for a bonded interface slave device was edited, and the "Bind to MAC address" option was selected, it took the MAC address from the master interface. Consequently, it broke the bond configuration. With this update, system-config-network now prevents the user from corrupting the bond configuration by disabling the "Bind to MAC address" option on bonded slave devices.
- The system-config-network tool provided support for QDIO Ethernet (QETH) devices on IBM S/390 but did not provide online help. With this update, the "Establishing a QETH Connection" chapter has been added to Help.
- When adding a new QETH device, system-config-network gave unnecessary warnings despite completing successfully. With this update, the warnings that were appearing when adding new QETH device have been removed.
- Previously, system-config-network could show an incorrect relationship between hardware and the interface name on some hardware. The issue was resolved by migrating the backend from kudzu to the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL).
- Previously, if GATEWAYDEV was set in "/etc/sysconfig/network", system-config-network removed the option without notice. With this update, a patch has been applied and the problem no longer occurs.
- Previously, when editing an alias device interface with the system-config-network tool, the Device Alias Number always showed 0 when the tool was restarted. The problem has been fixed and the Device Alias Number now shows the correct value.
- With this update, support for LAN channel station (LCS) devices has been added to system-config-network.