- In the previous net-snmp update, implementation of the UCD-SNMP-MIB::dskTable table was rewritten and reporting of the UCD-SNMP-MIB::dskPercentNode column was accidentally removed from the snmpd daemon. With this update, the object identifier for UCD-SNMP-MIB::dskPercentNode has been restored and it now properly reports percentages of used inodes on storage devices, thus fixing this bug.
- Prior to this update, the SNMP daemon,
snmpd, wrongly calculated CPU ticks on 32-bit platforms. This resulted in incorrect UCD-SNMP-MIB::systemStats being reported after more than 30 days of uptime. With this update,
snmpdcalculation of CPU ticks is fixed, and correct systemStats are now reported.
snmpd, enumerated active TCP connections for TCP-MIB::tcpConnectionTable in a very inefficient way with O(n^2) complexity. With many TCP connections, an SNMP client could time out before
snmpdprocessed a request regarding the tcpConnectionTable, and sent a response. This updated improves the enumeration mechanism and
snmpdnow swiftly responds to SNMP requests in the tcpConnectionTable.
- Prior to this update, the
snmpddaemon did not properly recover when the system run out of memory when populating IP-MIB::ipNetToPhysicalTable. Consequently, the daemon sometimes terminated unexpectedly. This update adds additional checks to determine when running out of memory and the
snmpddaemon no longer crashes in the scenario described.
- Prior to this update,
/usr/share/snmp/mibs/.indexwas not marked in the net-snmp package specification file (spec file) as being exempt from verification. Consequently, the
rpm -V net-snmpcommand sometimes reported a warning that file
/usr/share/snmp/mibs/.indexwas modified. This file is updated by various SNMP applications and daemons, therefore it should not be checked by
rpm -V. With this update, the
.indexfile is explicitly marked as volatile and
rpm -Vno longer reports its updates.
- Prior to this update, the Net-SNMP tools and libraries did not support referencing an object in another file when parsing a Management Information Base (MIB) file and the error message Undefined NOTIFICATION was shown. With this update, references to objects are looked up in all referenced MIB files and thus Net-SNMP tools, including snmptranslate, no longer report errors when parsing such MIB files.
- In the previous net-snmp update, implementation of the UCD-SNMP-MIB::dskTable table was rewritten and reporting of the UCD-SNMP-MIB::dskPercentNode column was accidentally removed from the
snmpddaemon. With this update, the object identifier for UCD-SNMP-MIB::dskPercentNode has been restored and it now properly reports percentages of used inodes on storage devices, thus fixing this bug.
- Prior to this update,
snmpdcould terminate unexpectedly when monitoring an Object Identifier (OID) using the
monitorconfiguration option while the monitored OID was handled by the external AgentX subagent. With this update, a backported patch has been applied and the
snmpddaemon no longer crashes when monitoring such OIDs.
- Prior to this update, when
snmpdwas started and did not find a network interface which was present during the last
snmpdshutdown, the following error message was logged:
snmpd: error finding row index in _ifXTable_container_row_restoreThis happened on systems which dynamically create and remove network interfaces on demand, such as virtual hosts or PPP servers. In this update, this message has been removed and no longer appears in the system log.
- In the previous net-snmp update, implementation of the HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageTable table was rewritten and reporting of the hrStorageUsed column was wrongly calculated when the
realStorageUnitsconfig option was disabled. With this update, calculation of hrStorageUsed is fixed and is now reported correctly in HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageTable.
- Prior to this update, the Net-SNMP perl module did not properly evaluate error codes in the
register()method in the NetSNMP::agent module and terminated unexpectedly when this method failed. With this update, the
register()method has been fixed and the updated perl modules no longer crash on failure.
- In the previous net-snmp update, the implementation of HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageTable was rewritten and devices with Veritas File System (VxFS) were not reported. In this update,
snmpdproperly recognizes VxFS devices and reports them in HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageTable.
- Prior to this update, AgentX subagents linked with Net-SNMP libraries did not properly check if an AgentX session was valid, or was already released, when sending a response through the session. This sometimes caused the subagent to terminate unexpectedly. In this update, all sessions are checked before a response is sent, thus the subagents no longer crash in the scenario described.
- Prior to this update,
snmpdwrongly parsed the OID from the
smuxpeerconfiguration option and thus rejected incoming SMUX communication. With this update, parsing of the
smuxpeerconfiguration option is fixed and
snmpdnow accepts incoming SMUX requests as expected.