- With the default IPsec (Internet Protocol Security) ifup script configuration, the racoon IKE key management daemon used aggressive IKE mode instead of main IKE mode. This resulted in the preshared key (PSK) hash being sent unencrypted, which could make it easier for an attacker able to sniff network traffic to obtain the plain text PSK from a transmitted hash.
- Prior to this update, the DHCPv6 client was not terminated when the network service was stopped. This update modifies the source so that the client is now terminated when stopping the network service.
- Prior to this update, on some systems the rm command failed and reported the error message "rm: cannot remove directory `/var/run/dovecot/login/': Is a directory" during system boot. This update modifies the source so that this error message no longer appears.
- Prior to this update, the netconsole script could not discover and resolve the MAC address of the router specified in the /etc/sysconfig/netconsole file. This update modifies the netconsole script so that the script no longer fails when the arping tool returns the MAC address of the router more than once.
- Prior to this update, the arp_ip_target was, due to a logic error, not correctly removed via sysfs. As a consequence, the error "ifdown-eth: line 64: echo: write error: Invalid argument" was reported when attempting to shut down a bonding device. This update modifies the script so that the error no longer appears and arp_ip_target is now correctly removed.