An updated scsi-target-utils package that fixes multiple bugs and adds one enhancement is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
The SCSI target package contains the daemon and tools to setup iSCSI and iSER targets.
This update fixes the following bugs:
* Prior to this update, there was a bug in the "tgt-setup-lun" command that caused a target to be deleted if an invalid Logical Unit Number (LUN) was added. The problem has been resolved in this update so that "tgt-setup-lun" now works as expected and the target is not deleted. (BZ#695867
* Prior to this update, there was a bug in the iscsid and tgtd daemons that caused the system log to be filled with the "iscsid: semop down failed" and "tgtd: semop up failed" error messages while starting and stopping the respective services in a particular order. The bug has been fixed in this update so that no error messages from iscsid and tgtd are now written in the system log. (BZ#676804
* Prior to this update, there was a problem with using very large (more than 2TB in size) hard disks with iSCSI. As a result, the iSCSI initiator failed with "very big device. try to use READ CAPACITY(16)" and "unsupported sector size" error messages. This bug has been fixed in this update so that using such hard disks with iSCSI now works as expected. (BZ#674394
* Prior to this update, the iSCSI initiator on Windows Server 2003 was not able to use Logical Unit Numbers (LUNs) provided by the tgtd daemon on Linux. It did not recognize simultaneous Linux SCSI Target Framework (STGT) LUNs provided by the same STGT target. This bug has been fixed in this update so that the iSCSI initiator is now able to use the LUNs as expected. (BZ#560534
As well, this update adds the following enhancement:
* This update adds support for a read-only target by setting the "--params readonly=1" option with the "tgtadm" command, or by setting the "readonly 1" and "allow-in-use yes" options in the /etc/tgt/targets.conf file. (BZ#695870
All users requiring scsi-target-utils should upgrade to this updated package, which fixes these bugs and adds this enhancement.