1.91.1. RHBA-2011:0986: lvm2-cluster bug fix and enhancement update
An updated lvm2-cluster package that fixes several bugs and adds various enhancements is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
The lvm2-cluster packages contain support for Logical Volume Management (LVM) in a clustered environment.
This updated lvm2-cluster package ensures that the fixes provided with the Red Hat Enterprise Linux lvm2 advisory are also fixed in a clustered environment. The full list of changes is detailed in the WHATS_NEW file located in the /usr/share/doc/lvm2-[version]/ directory.
This package also provides fixes for the following bugs:
* Wrongly-paired unlocking in the pvchange command has been fixed. (BZ#667517
* O_DIRECT is now always used when block devices are opened to check for partitioning. (BZ#673615
* The clvmd daemon now respects the settings in the lvm.conf configuration file when it initializes syslog.
* The exclusive lock now remains unchanged when a device is suspended by the clvmd daemon.
* The clvmd daemon now properly increments the DLM lockspace reference count.
* The clvmd daemon now creates the /var/run/lvm/ directory during initialization if it is missing.
In addition, this updated package provides the following enhancements:
* Activating snapshots of clustered logical volumes is now supported. (BZ#501437
* The clvmd daemon now supports the "--help" option, and returns proper exit status codes upon exit. (BZ#666991
* The clvmd daemon now supports the "-f" option, which prevents it from forking, and the description for the "clvmd -d[number]" command has been improved.
Users are advised to upgrade to this updated lvm2-cluster package, which resolves these issues and adds these enhancements.