1.59.1. RHBA-2011:1033: iscsi-initiator-utils bug fix and enhancement update
An updated iscsi-initiator-utils package that fixes two bugs and adds various enhancements is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
The iscsi-initiator-utils package provides the daemon for the iSCSI protocol, as well as the utility programs used to manage it. iSCSI is a protocol for distributed disk access using SCSI commands sent over Internet Protocol (IP) networks.
This update fixes the following bugs:
* Prior to this update, the iscsid service and Broadcom iSCSI driver's user space component were not synchronized when logging into an iSCSI target. As a result, the iSCSI login timeout could have been reached or a login error could have been issued under certain circumstances. The bug has been fixed in this update so that iscsid and the user space component are now synchronized and the iSCSI login process works as expected. (BZ#595549
* Prior to this update, trying to establish a connection to an iSCSI target using the bnx2i offload interface transport could have failed due to the iSCSI daemon and bnx2i driver not being in sync during initialization. Furthermore, any number of machine restarts had no effect on this undesired behavior. The bug has been fixed in this update so that the connection with bnx2i can now be successfully established as expected. (BZ#572596
As well, this update adds the following enhancements:
* Broadcom iSCSI driver's user space component has been upgraded to upstream version 0.6.2.14, which adds support for the Broadcom 57712 10Gb controller, IPv6 networking, virtual LAN support, and subnet masking. (BZ#660434
* With this update, the iscsi-initiator-utils package now supports the Chelsio T4 iSCSI offload cards using the cxgb4i driver. (BZ#640121
* With this update, the iscsi-initiator-utils package is now built for the IBM System z platform. (BZ#567852
All users of iscsi-initiator-utils should upgrade to this updated package, which fixes these bugs and adds these enhancements.