1.172.1. RHEA-2011:0112: and rhn-client-tools bug fix and enhancement update
Updated rhn-client-tools and yum-rhn-plugin packages that fix several bugs and add an enhancement are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
Red Hat Network Client Tools provide programs and libraries that allow a system to receive software updates from Red Hat Network (RHN). yum-rhn-plugin allows yum to access a Red Hat Network server for software updates.
This update fixes the following bugs:
* When the "networkRetries" configuration option was not set to a valid integer value, network operation did not time out at all. With this update, invalid values are now interpreted as a single attempt, and network operations time out as expected. ( BZ#554693
* Due to a typing error, the manual page for rhn-profile-sync incorrectly referred to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/update, even though the file is actually called /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date. This has been corrected, and the manual page no longer contains misleading information. ( BZ#559797
* On a PowerPC system, running the rhn_register utility did not subscribe a user to all relevant channels associated with the installation number. As a result, affected users had to subscribe to these channels manually. This error no longer occurs, and all users are now subscribed to appropriate channels as expected. ( BZ#574404
* Prior to this update, KVM and Xen fully virtualized guests may have incorrectly consumed regular entitlements. This error has been fixed, and such guests now use Flex Guest Entitlement as expected. ( BZ#575127
* Several files related to the graphical user interface (GUI) were removed from the rhn-setup package, and are now installed as a part of rhn-setup-gnome. ( BZ#584779
* Under certain circumstances, clicking the "back" button in a GUI version of the rhn_register utility may have caused the cursor to remain busy. This error has been fixed, and the cursor is now properly restored. ( BZ#595679
* Due to an error in the architecture checking, the rhn_register utility failed to update packages when their architecture had changed from "noarch" to "multiarch" or vice versa. With this update, the underlying source code has been modified to target this issue, and such packages are now updated as expected. ( BZ#603028
* The number of CPUs is now reported correctly on IBM System z. ( BZ#621135
* Previously, using the hash sign (that is, "#") in a proxy password caused yum to fail with the following error:
Error communicating with server. The message was: Proxy Authentication Required
With this update, this error no longer occurs, and the use of this character no longer prevents yum from working. ( BZ#650520
As well, this update adds the following enhancement:
* The rhn-client-tools package has been updated to support the Red Hat Network Satellite Server Maintenance Window. ( BZ#626737
All users of rhn-client-tools and yum-rhn-plugin are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which resolve these issues and add this enhancement.