1.55.1. RHBA-2011:0072: bug fix update
An updated iscsi-initiator-utils package that fixes various bugs is now available for Red Hat Enterprise 5.
The iscsi-initiator-utils package provides the server daemon for the iSCSI protocol, as well as the utility programs used to manage it. iSCSI is a protocol for distributed disk access using SCSI commands sent over Internet Protocol (IP) networks.
This update fixes the following bugs:
* Previously, the iSCSI offload login did not consistently work with the Broadcom iSCSI offload driver bnx2i. With this update, the iSCSI offload login works consistently. ( BZ#580743)
* When the "stop" operation was invoked, the iscsid init script did not remove the process identifier (PID) file. This update modifies the iscsid script to remove the PID file during the stop operation. ( BZ#583086)
* Previously, the open-iscsi administration utility (iscsiadm) interface update operation returned an error code, even though the operation was successful. This error has been fixed, the error detection code has been corrected, and the interface update now behaves as expected. ( BZ#588990)
* Since the iscsi init script did not detect if the iscsid service successfully started, running it with the "start" command returned an invalid code. To resolve this issue, this update uses different return values for starting the daemon and for the start operation. ( BZ#608074)
* Due to iscsid sharing the "semarg" structure between multiple devices, a deadlock may have occurred when logging was initiated. With this update, each process is assigned its own structure, so that such deadlocks no longer occur. ( BZ#624344)
* When encountering a multi-PDU sequence, the open-iscsi administration utility (iscsiadm) sent incorrect initiator task tags (ITT), causing the discovery to fail. With this update, the ITT initialization and allocation sends the correct tags, and iscsiadm works as expected. ( BZ#633122) * A host removal could become suspended when the bnx2i, cxgb3i, or be2iscsi drivers were used and iSCSI sessions could not be cleaned up. With this update, the iSCSI daemon has been corrected to handle the error event, and a host removal behaves as expected. ( BZ#640111)
This update also adds the following new features:
* Previously, the target portal management in the iSCSI ecosystem was very time consuming. This update adds iSNS and SCN support to the iscsi-initiator-utils tool to simplify management tasks. ( BZ#521222,
BZ#629400) * This update contains the current IP-0.5.15 Broadcom user-space daemon, and adds VLAN support for iSCSI. ( BZ#568517)
* This update adds components to support IPv6, VLAN, and the new Broadcom BCM57712 10G device. ( BZ#568609)
All users of iscsi-initiator-utils are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which resolves these issues.
1.55.2. RHBA-2010:0721: bug fix update
An updated iscsi-initiator-utils package that fixes a bug is now available.
The iscsi-initiator-utils package provides the server daemon for the iSCSI protocol, as well as the utility programs used to manage it. iSCSI is a protocol for distributed disk access using SCSI commands sent over Internet Protocol networks.
This updated iscsi-initiator-utils package fixes the following bug:
* Previously, iscsiadm did not contain a discovery mode with an update option. This prevented vdsm to discover targets with CHAP (Challenge-Handshake Authentication Protocol) authentication. This update adds a iscsiadm discoverydb mode ('iscsiadm -m discoverydb') which fixes this issue and can be used to create, store and edit discovery records. ( BZ#604649)
* Previously, iscsid shared the 'semarg' structure between multiple devices and thus caused a deadlock to occur when logging was initiated. With this update, each process is assigned its own structure and deadlocks no longer occurs during the logging process. ( BZ#632094)
All users of iscsi-initiator-utils are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which resolves this issue.