5.10 Release Notes
Release Notes for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10
Chapter 1. Kernel
panic_on_io_nmi Kernel Option
panic_on_io_nmioption (configured via the
/proc/sys/kernel/panic_on_io_nmifile). This option allows users to press the hardware or virtual Non Maskable Interrupt (NMI) button, which acts as an I/O error and triggers a crash where otherwise no crash would occur. This can be used in cases when the system is unresponsive and does not accept any commands.
Added kABI Symbols
Chapter 2. Device Drivers
2.1. Storage Drivers
ccissdriver has been updated to the latest version, which adds support for Gen8 Snap IVB-EP servers with the new HP P430i 12GB Smart Array controller.
2.2. Miscellaneous drivers
ALSA HDAaudio driver has been updated to support Creative Recon3D audio cards.
Chapter 3. Subscription Management
Updated Subscription Manager
- When used against Subscription Asset Manager, Subscription Manager now prompts the user for the Organization if it is required to complete registration.
- Subscription Manager now displays the number of subscriptions a user is attaching to a specific machine in the System Registration dialog.
- The Subscription Manager GUI now shows the Organization ID in the System Facts dialog.
- The Red Hat Certificate Tool (rct) now supports tab completion of its primary modules.
- Subscription Manager now sets the
ui_repoid_varssetting with all variables in a given content set. The
ui_repoid_varssetting is used to display Yum variables, which are used in the
name, and other fields of a Yum repository file.
- Subscription Manager can now be configured to not upload package profile data by setting the
report_package_profile = 0setting in the
Enhanced Entitlements Reporting
Subscription Asset Manager 1.3
Red Hat Support Tool
- Knowledge Base article and solution viewing from the console (formatted as man pages).
- Viewing, creating, modifying, and commenting on customer cases from the console.
- Attachment uploading directly to a customer case or to ftp://dropbox.redhat.com/ from the console.
- Full proxy support (that is, FTP and HTTP proxies).
- Easy listing and downloading of attachments to customer cases from the console.
- Knowledge Base searching on query terms, log messages, and other parameters, and viewing search results in a selectable list.
- Easy uploading of log files, text files, and other sources to the Shadowman automatic problem determination engine for diagnosis.
- Various other support-related commands.
/usr/share/doc/redhat-support-tool-version/directory or the following Knowledge Base article: https://access.redhat.com/site/articles/445443.
Chapter 4. Security
Chapter 5. File System
Full Support for fsfreeze
fsfreezecommand, provided by the util-linux package, is now fully supported in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10.
fsfreezesuspends and resumes access to a file system.
fsfreezeis intended to be used to temporarily suspend file system activity, allowing a consistent snapshot to be created. For more information, refer to the
Chapter 6. General Updates
MySQL 5.1 and MySQL 5.5
New gcc-libraries Package
libitmlibrary and a new
libatomiclibrary, is now included in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10. In Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9, libitm was a separate package that included the
libitmlibrary. The libitm package is now deprecated and replaced by the gcc-libraries package.
Appendix A. Revision History
|Revision 1.0-0.7||Tue Oct 01 2013|
|Revision 1.0-0.0||Tue July 16 2013|