Language and Page Formatting Options
11.6.2. Useful Websites
- http://www.redhat.com/mirrors/LDP/HOWTO/Mail-Administrator-HOWTO.html — Provides an overview of how email works, and examines possible email solutions and configurations on the client and server sides.
- http://www.redhat.com/mirrors/LDP/HOWTO/Mail-User-HOWTO/ — Looks at email from the user's perspective, investigates various popular email client applications and gives an introduction to topics such as aliases, forwarding, auto-replying, mailing lists, mail filters, and spam.
- http://www.redhat.com/mirrors/LDP/HOWTO/mini/Secure-POP+SSH.html — Demonstrates a way to retrieve POP email using SSH with port forwarding, so that the email passwords and messages are transferred securely.
- http://www.sendmail.net/ — Contains news, interviews, and articles concerning Sendmail, including an expanded view of the many options available.
- http://www.sendmail.org/ — Offers a thorough technical breakdown of Sendmail features and configuration examples.
- http://www.postfix.org/ — The Postfix project home page contains a wealth of information about Postfix. The mailing list is a particularly good place to look for information.
- http://catb.org/~esr/fetchmail/ — The home page for Fetchmail, featuring an online manual, and a thorough FAQ.
- http://www.procmail.org/ — The home page for Procmail with links to assorted mailing lists dedicated to Procmail as well as various FAQ documents.
- http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/users/reriksso/procmail/mini-faq.html — An excellent Procmail FAQ, offers troubleshooting tips, details about file locking, and the use of wildcard characters.
- http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/proctips.html — Contains dozens of tips that make using Procmail much easier. Includes instructions on how to test
.procmailrcfiles and use Procmail scoring to decide if a particular action should be taken.
- http://www.spamassassin.org/ — The official site of the SpamAssassin project.