LogFormatdirective configures the format of the various Web server log files. The actual
LogFormatused depends on the settings given in the
CustomLogdirective (refer to Section 10.5.38, “
The following are the format options if the
CustomLogdirective is set to
%h(remote host's IP address or hostname)
- Lists the remote IP address of the requesting client. If
HostnameLookupsis set to
on, the client hostname is recorded unless it is not available from DNS.
- Not used. A hyphen - appears in the log file for this field.
- Lists the username of the user recorded if authentication was required. Usually, this is not used, so a hyphen - appears in the log file for this field.
- Lists the date and time of the request.
- Lists the request string exactly as it came from the browser or client.
- Lists the HTTP status code which was returned to the client host.
- Lists the size of the document.
- Lists the URL of the webpage which referred the client host to Web server.
- Lists the type of Web browser making the request.