Show Table of Contents
2.6.3. Related Books
The following books discuss various issues related to resource monitoring and are good resources for Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators:
- The System Administrators Guide; Red Hat, Inc -- Includes information on many of the resource monitoring tools described here, including OProfile.
- Linux Performance Tuning and Capacity Planning by Jason R. Fink and Matthew D. Sherer; Sams -- Provides more in-depth overviews of the resource monitoring tools presented here and includes others that might be appropriate for more specific resource monitoring needs.
- Red Hat Linux Security and Optimization by Mohammed J. Kabir; Red Hat Press -- Approximately the first 150 pages of this book discuss performance-related issues. This includes chapters dedicated to performance issues specific to network, Web, email, and file servers.
- Linux Administration Handbook by Evi Nemeth, Garth Snyder, and Trent R. Hein; Prentice Hall -- Provides a short chapter similar in scope to this book, but includes an interesting section on diagnosing a system that has suddenly slowed down.
- Linux System Administration: A User's Guide by Marcel Gagne; Addison Wesley Professional -- Contains a small chapter on performance monitoring and tuning.