Show Table of Contents
The REDUNDANCY panel allows you to configure of the backup LVS router node and set various heartbeat monitoring options.
Figure 1.33. The REDUNDANCY Panel
- Redundant server public IP
- The public real IP address for the backup LVS router.
- Redundant server private IP
- The backup router's private real IP address.
The rest of the panel is for configuring the heartbeat channel, which is used by the backup node to monitor the primary node for failure.
- Heartbeat Interval (seconds)
- Sets the number of seconds between heartbeats — the interval that the backup node will check the functional status of the primary LVS node.
- Assume dead after (seconds)
- If the primary LVS node does not respond after this number of seconds, then the backup LVS router node will initiate failover.
- Heartbeat runs on port
- Sets the port at which the heartbeat communicates with the primary LVS node. The default is set to 539 if this field is left blank.