3.3. Creating A Cluster
Creating a cluster with luci consists of selecting cluster nodes, entering their passwords, and submitting the request to create a cluster. If the node information and passwords are correct, Conga automatically installs software into the cluster nodes and starts the cluster. Create a cluster as follows:
- As administrator of luci, select the cluster tab.
- Click Create a New Cluster.
- At the Cluster Name text box, enter a cluster name. The cluster name cannot exceed 15 characters. Add the node name and password for each cluster node. Enter the node name for each node in the Node Hostname column; enter the root password for each node in the in the Root Password column. Check the Enable Shared Storage Support checkbox if clustered storage is required.
- Click Submit. Clicking Submit causes the the Create a new cluster page to be displayed again, showing the parameters entered in the preceding step, and Lock Manager parameters. The Lock Manager parameters consist of the lock manager option buttons, DLM (preferred) and GULM, and Lock Server text boxes in the GULM lock server properties group box. Configure Lock Manager parameters for either DLM or GULM as follows:
- For DLM — Click DLM (preferred) or confirm that it is set.
- For GULM — Click GULM or confirm that it is set. At the GULM lock server properties group box, enter the FQDN or the IP address of each lock server in a Lock Server text box.
NoteYou must enter the FQDN or the IP address of one, three, or five GULM lock servers.
- Re-enter enter the root password for each node in the in the Root Password column.
- Click Submit. Clicking Submit causes the following actions:
A progress page shows the progress of those actions for each node in the cluster.When the process of creating a new cluster is complete, a page is displayed providing a configuration interface for the newly created cluster.
- Cluster software packages to be downloaded onto each cluster node.
- Cluster software to be installed onto each cluster node.
- Cluster configuration file to be created and propagated to each node in the cluster.
- Starting the cluster.