4.2. Working with Administration Server Instances
4.2.1. Configuring IP Authorization on the Administration Server
- On the same machine on which the Administration Server is running, launch the Console.
- In the Administration Server Console, click the Configuration tab, then click the Network tab.
- In the Connection Restrictions Settings section, select IP Addresses to Allow from the pull down menu.
- Click Edit.
- In the IP Addresses field, enter a wildcard to allow the Administration Server to allow all IP addresses to access it. For example, for IPv4:
*.*.*.*Both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are supported.
- Restart the Administration Server.
4.2.2. Configuring Proxy Servers for the Administration Server
- The proxy settings must be removed from the client machine. Removing proxies on the machine running Directory Server Console allows the client to access the Administration Server directly. To remove the proxy settings, edit the proxy configuration of the browser which is used to launch the help files.
- Add the client machine proxy IP address to Administration Server's list of acceptable IP addresses. This is described in Section 4.2.1, “Configuring IP Authorization on the Administration Server”.
4.2.3. Installing an Administration Server After Installing Directory Server
setup-ds.pl. It is possible to go back later and install an Administration Server instance using the
register-ds-admin.plcommand. For example: